Held in the Green Room starting at 7pm
President Armando dos Santos welcomed 10 members to the meeting
- Moved by Bruce Rowland, 2nd by Ted Girard that the Agenda for the meeting be approved. Carried
- Minutes of the February 14th meeting, moved by Brian March, 2nd by Bruce Rowland that they be accepted as read. Carried
- Finance Report – Treasurer, Kathleen Schenker was not present. Moved by Bruce Rowland, 2nd by Patricia Zogar that the report be deferred to the April meeting. Carried
- Correspondence – a letter from the insurance company was at the Cedar Post Office, where YPDG does not have a box. Brian picked it up and will give it to Kathleen and ask that future mail be sent to her, as most are bills.
- Spring Production “Touch and Go”
Joanne Rowland reported that Ads will be put in the paper in April.
Complimentary (thank you) tickets are white,
Ron Dale has yellow tickets for PROBIS group,
Joanne distributed red tickets to the Business and Professional Women Association.
Ticket colours will assist in analyzing the attendance numbers.
- Directors Workshop – Armando dos Santos reported that the workshop was a success and the $60 per participant was sufficient to break even. He suggested YPDG sponsor workshops for production jobs in the future: stage manager, costume design, lighting design, sound design and set design. Discussion about having a “Production Fair” where all jobs are explained by a YPDG member and job description handouts given to interested people.
- Fall Production “Alterations”
Director Patricia Zogar – April 11th there will be a read through of “Alterations”
Set designer and builder with others– Bruce Rowland
Producer – Armando dos Santos
Sound design – Wendy Rawluk is also doing the spring play
Props – Eleanor Tully
Publicity – Armando dos Santos and Marnie Hastings will be asked too
Lighting design – Ray Hardy will be asked and Eric Tully may be asked also.
*Stage Manager and assistant positions open.
- New Business –
i) Cards with the new Schedule of YPDG productions cost $75 for the design and $107 for printing of 750 cards. All members are encouraged to distribute these to family, friends, clubs and businesses.
ii) YPDG One Act Festival dates are June 1,2,3, 2017 at Cedar Community Hall. 3 plays are entered at this time. Other drama groups will be contacted. Entry forms are available.
iii) Brian March suggested “Hay Fever” by Noel Coward for the March play reading with a view of producing it in the spring of 2018.
iv) “Green Room” by Brian March is the suggestion for April play reading.
v) Brian March will call Cottonwood Golf Course to set up a date (May) for the “Murder Mystery” dinner theatre.
vi) Bruce Rowland reported that the 15-year-old sound control computer is not reliably functioning. Bruce will donate a computer for the booth. The YPDG computer is still working well and the lighting board is still good.
Joanne Rowland moved and Bruce Rowland 2nd adjournment at 8:28pm
- Arts on the Avenue in Ladysmith is on August 25th. YPDG agreed last month to participate and approved $15 for a booth. Costumes, production cards, photos on a show board will be on the table. Several members’ volunteers will be needed to man the booth for the day. Please contact Armando to help.
- North Oyster Historical Association are putting on a Canada 150 celebration at the North Oyster Hall July 1st. YPDG will participate with a costume display and information about us and our productions. Brian will assist to co-ordinate items and the display.