Yellow Point Drama Group
Minutes of the January 9th 2018 regular meeting
President Armando dos Santos welcomed 15 members to the meeting.
- Minutes of the December 12th 2017 meeting approval moved by Anne Fiddick and 2nd by Gordon McInnes. Carried
- Mr. James Scandland announced that Nanaimo Theatre is sponsoring the North Island Zone Drama Festival this year on May 16,17,18,19th 2018. Details available on line. The call for plays successfully filled all available spaces.
- $4200 RDN Grant for new LED lighting is approved, thanks to Brian March and Kathleen Schenker for putting the application together and submitting it on time.
- Spring Production is cancelled because young actors were not available for the roles. Mayta Ryn will be notified of the cancellation of the hall reservation.
- Fundraiser February 10th, 2018 Brian March wrote a murder mystery based on a Beauty Contest. This was presented in Nanaimo successfully. Moira and Jim Fox are ordering and managing the dinner. Moira reports that many sponsors have donated goods and money for the production. It is necessary that choices of food are pre-booked when tickets are purchased, there are no ticket sales at the door. Limited choices of veggie or meat lasagna or GF pizza are available. Tickets are $35 per person and the budget is based on 60 to 100 people. Tickets will be purchased by phoning Armando.More sponsors are sought for ads in the programs and future programs.The Kinsmen doing the bar – wine and beer.
- Play reading of “Games Afoot” or “Holmes for the Holidays” January 23rd in the green room. Barrie Baker also suggested a reading of “Never Kiss a Nanny” comedy.
- Treasurers Report: Kathleen Schenker presented the Income and Expenditure statements to December 31st 2017. These reports are attached to these minutes. Moved by Kathleen Schenker that the treasurer’s report be accepted as presented, 2nd Ted Girard… Carried
- Ron Dale paid $20 for his membership and Pat Zogar donated $50 to YPDG.
- Short Play Festival is scheduled for three nights, June 7,8,9 2018. Plays from 10 minutes to an hour are eligible.
- Fall Production “the Green Room” by Brian March. Auditions for 4 women and 4 men are in May, rehearsals start in June, then break in July and resume in August.
- Christmas Radio Plays December 6,7,8 2018. A dedicated group is working on the organization and production of these plays.
- Special thank you Vonda Croissant for donating the copier, it is much appreciated.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm moved by Barry Baker and 2nd Moira Fox. Carried